Piqua Fish & Game
Piqua Fish & Game is excited to announce the formation of our Steel Challenge League Shoots. This year PF&G will be holding 6 Steel Challenge Shoots at our Cowboy Range — “Hole in the Wall” on the 3rd Saturday of the month at 10am, beginning in May and running through October.
Because this is our first season of SC League Shoots we’ll be working out our process, as such we are not a sanctioned SCSA club which means all 6 of our PF&G SC Shoots are for recreational purposes only. No results will be registered with The SCSA.
The April shoot is open to Piqua Fish & Game members only. The rest of the shoots will be open to the general public.
Steel Challenge is a pistol speed shooting competition governed by the Steel Challenge Shooting Association (SCSA) consisting of standardized stages with steel targets, ranging in size from 10" round plates to 18” x 24" square plates. Competitors are scored solely by the time it takes to shoot each stage. Steel Challenge matches are simple, fun and competitive. We’ll have 4 single shooting stations requiring shooters to hit 5 steel targets at distances up to 105 feet. The shooter is required to hit each of the 5 targets once. One target, designated as a stop plate, must be shot last. Each string is shot three (3) times in a row for time. The time for the highest string is dropped. The times for the remaining strings are added together for the total score of the stage.
Saturday, April 20th 10AM @ PF&G "Hole in the Wall" Range (Test Shoot / Dry Run)
Saturday, May 18th 10AM @ PF&G “Hole in the Wall” Range
Saturday, June 15th 10AM @ PF&G “Hole in the Wall” Range
Saturday, July 20th 10AM @ PF&G “Hole in the Wall” Range
Saturday, August 18th 10AM @ PF&G “Hole in the Wall” Range
Saturday, September 21st 10AM @ PF&G “Hole in the Wall” Range
Saturday, October 19th 10AM @ PF&G “Hole in the Wall” Range
• Registration will END 30min (10:00am) after Start Time – Waiver & Pre-Registration sheet must be on file.**
• The cost of each shoot is $10 per competitor. Juniors under 13 are free. All proceeds benefit The Piqua Fish & Game Steel Challenge League. Winning Prizes will be determined based on the number of contestants.
• Competitors are responsible for providing their own weapons and ammunition. PF&G Range Officers reserve the right to inspect any and all weapons and ammunition on our range or property.
• We are following the SCSA Rulebook.
• Everyone Should Read the USPSA Rules. Steel Challenge Rules
• PF&G Range Rules are in effect. Violation of our Range Rules may disqualify you from the competition.
• No refunds will be issued if competitors are disqualified for violation of The PF&G Range Rules.
• We need a completed and signed waiver from everyone planning to shoot and/or spectate. Piqua Fish & Game members with a current Range Membership are excluded from this waiver. Waiver & Shooter Registration Forms
• All competitors and spectators are required to wear hearing and eye protection while on The PF&G Ranges.
LADY Competitors listed as female on their government issued ID
LAW ENFORCEMENT Full-time law enforcement officers with arrest powers MILITARY Military personnel on current active duty orders
PRE-TEEN All competitors under 13 years old on the first day of the event qualify. See Junior Category for additional rules and guidelines
JUNIOR All competitors under 18 years old on the first day of the event qualify. All competitors under the age of 18 must be accompanied by their parent or guardian throughout the competition. If the parent/guardian is competing in the event, they must be squadded together. All Junior or Pre-teen competitors must be able to safely handle a loaded firearm. A liability waiver must be signed by both the competitor and their parent or legal guardian
SENIOR All competitors who are 55-64 years of age on the first day of the event qualify
SUPER SENIOR All competitors who are 65 years of age or older on the first day of the event qualify.
Rimfire Pistol Open to any pistol firing .22 Long Rifle ammunition
There are two equipment divisions:
Rimfire Pistol Open: This is the Rimfire race division. All legal Rimfire firearms are allowed. Optics and Compensators are specifically allowed.
Rimfire Pistol Iron Sights: Any Iron-sighted Rimfire pistols without optic sights.
Centerfire Pistol Open to any pistol firing minimum of 9mm / .38 Long Rifle ammunition
Centerfire Pistol Any pistol firing (9mm/.38 Special) or larger ammunition. This event has multiple equipment divisions as follows:
Open: This is the race division! All legal firearms are allowed. Optics and Compensators are specifically allowed.
Limited: Any iron-sighted pistol without a compensator, barrel ports, or optical sight. Fiber optic inserts are specifically allowed.
Production: Any double action or safe action pistol on the USPSA Production gun list. Holsters must follow USPSA Handgun Rules for the Production Division except as specifically noted.
Single Stack: 1911 models only. Holsters must follow USPSA Handgun Rules for the Single Stack Division.
Revolver: Any revolver can be used for competition. Fiber optic inserts are specifically allowed. No barrel length or holster restrictions. No restrictions for maximum rounds.
Optic Sight Revolver: A revolver equipped with Electronic / Optical Sights.
Iron Sight Revolver: A revolver equipped with iron sights.
Carry Optics: A double action or safe action/striker-fired semi-automatic pistol equipped with an optic sight. Compensators or ports are not allowed.
• All ammunition used in competition must be safe, serviceable, and appropriate for the firearm being used.
• Minimum cartridge for centerfire competitions (38 Special/9X19).
• Rimfire firearms must be .22 Long Rifle (.22LR) only. No powderless cartridges.
• No multiple-projectile or magnum loads allowed.
• Any ammunition deemed unsafe or likely to damage the targets will be removed from use. Examples include, but are not limited to: Steel Jacketed, Steel core, tracer, and incendiary ammunition.
• There are no minimum power factor or velocity minimums in Steel Challenge. The Pistol Caliber Carbine Divisions (PCCI/PCCO) have a maximum velocity of 1600 feet per second.
We thank everyone for their support and help to make this shoot a success and we look forward to seeing everyone out at the range. If you have questions comments or concerns please contact our Range Master, Tom Green (937) 214-1798